Saturday, January 10, 2009

One week in........


Now that we are one week into 2009 I am really getting back into some kind of routine! I´ve managed to get to the Gym three times this week and have stuck to my diet fairly well. Here´s how I got on this week.

I started on Monday at 100.3 kilos, having put on 3 kilos over Chirstmas (well, for the whole of December actually as my birthday was on 11th and you can´t diet when it´s your birthday month......). I go to the Gym at Aqua Wellness in Coín which opened in November last year. They have all the usual torture machines - but there is also a beautiful Spa area that is included in the membership, with Sauna, Hammam, Roman Therapy and Igloo, along with a swimming pool with a current you can swim against and another pool section with jacuzzi, water massage spouts and relaxing massage beds.

As I am doing some web design work I am spending a lot of time on the computer so I need to work hard when I go to the Gym!!

I weighed in this morning at 98.3 - not bad considering the week I´ve had. I am trying to stick to an Atkins-esque diet with no carbs. I find this the easiest diet I have ever been on and am sorry I didn´t try it years ago!! Having lost 25 kilos in 2008 - my goal for 2009 is to lose another 20 kilos (sounds easy when you say it fast!!).

I keep getting asked to write my diet down, but that´s not feasible as I don´t follow a strict plan. I found early on that I couldn´t face cooked food (that wasn´t toast) first thing in the morning, so I gradually gave up breakfast and started having brunch. I have my cup of tea when I get up but don´t generally eat until around 1pm when I will usually have either an omelette with cheese or cheesy sausages.

As I write more here I will try to give some recipes and tips for sticking to this diet. It gets easier the longer you are on it, and of course when the weight is falling off, you are really encouraged to stick to it!!

Anyway, good luck to all dieters in 2009 :)


No comments: